Friday, April 20, 2012

Sick baby Hudson

Our little Hudson found himself in the hospital on Monday, April 16, 2012 with RSV.

On the previous Saturday, Hudson was having a hard time eating and was just not acting himself.  I thought it was because I had given him a lot of gas drops on accident.  So, Saturday night he woke up coughing.  I thought it was a little strange, and thought maybe he was just conjested.  We went through Sunday with him not acting like himself at all.  He was crying more and would not sleep.  Sunday night when Nik was feeding him, he threw up a bunch of mucus (eww).  We did the normal thing you do and sucked out his nose, and thought it was because he was fighting us on feeding still.  During that night I started to worry about him.  He was having a hard time breathing and started coughing more.  That night was a long night.  I stayed up most of the night and kept an eye on him.  Monday morning when we woke up, I called his doctor and left a message to wheather I should bring him in or not.  I ran to walmart and got more salene spray and a humidifyer (ours died the week before).  While I was at the store, his doctor called, and said she wanted to see him right away to make sure.  She was worried because of his rapid breathing.  I took him in, and they cleaned out his nose (and boy, I sure missed a lot!)  They tested it for RSV and it came back positive.  The doctor kept me at the office and had me feed him.  She didn't like the way he was having a hard time breathing while eating and then he could not slow down his breathing.  After about an hour in the office she sent us up to the hospital so he could be watched.

Once we were up at the hospital they hooked him up to monitors to watch everything and then about 50 people came in and told us what they would be doing for us for the night.  He had respatory people that would come in every few hours and clean him out, the nurses doing the normal stuff, the resident doctor doing more frequent checks and then the doctor that was steping in for his doctor. 

He did pretty well through the night and we only had to do one deep suctioning to him breath better.  He started eating better, without choking.  He was beginning to be our happy baby again.

I feel bad because I didn't get to take any hospital pictures....I was a little sleepy.  But, this picture is from the next day when we got home. 

At his checkup yesterday, he was doing much better and will just have a bad cough for about a week.  I am greatful that it didn't get worse than what it did.  What a good little boy he was!

1 comments:

Stoker Crew said...

Michelle your kids are beautiful! Too bad about Hudson getting sick. Hope he got better quick!