Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nikelle Annlea Gerritsen has arrived!

She's finally here!
Nikelle was born on September 28th at 1:52 am. Here is a pic right after her bath with her dad!

Well, here's the story. Friday at work, before she was born, I felt the best I had in a long time. Everyone was saying this was going to be the weekend. But, at the doctor that Wednesday before I was barley thinning and I was not dilating. So, Saturday morning came around 5 am I woke up to some weird feelings. I just thought they were funny pains and didn't think to much about it. Well, after trying to go to sleep many times and waking up every 10 to 15 minutes I was wondering, but still did not think anything about it. Finally, I got up and tried to start my day. When my mom called I said, I might run to the hospital just to see what is going on. But, I still laid around and tried to do stuff.

Later that afternoon, Nik's mom and dad came by the house, and by now these funny pains were every 3 to 5 minutes. His mom suggested that we go to the hospital because she was pretty sure they were contractions. So up to the hospital we went.

I checked in and long behold I was dilated to a 3! I was still thinking they were going to send me home. About an hour later they came back and I was almost a 4 so they kept me. This was about 5 pm Saturday night. After I got the "happy shot" I wanted to sleep and I found out later on I said some pretty funny things, that I really don't remember, but Nikelle arrived finally.....weighing 5 lbs 10 oz! A long shot from the 7 or 8 lbs she was supposed to be. Things are calming down and getting back to normal, but life is getting more exciting.....

1 comments:

Heidi said...

cute picture! she is so tiny. I went to the doctor yesterday and im dialated to a 1 almost 2. we will see how long it lasts! I'll keep ya updated, hopefully i can hold out till you get back, who knows!